Over the last 10 years I have been involved in numerous voluntary and charity causes. These include:
- Raising money for the Wakefield Hospice through a half marathon.
- Working on a pro-bono capacity for homeless charities, which also included participating in several fundraising events.
- As a local councillor and twice parliamentary candidate in the area I was also very heavily involved in community groups, both in Morley and Outwood and in Wakefield.
- I was a governor of two schools in Wakefield for four years.
- I helped establish many community groups whilst being a councillor. These included acting and theatre groups and an annual school sports day at Thornes Park.
- I am very heavily involved in sport and, in particular, grassroots tennis and football. I regularly volunteer, both as a stand in coach for the kids, but also to manage the clubhouse, at my local community tennis club.
My main passion is in trying to provide a solution to the problems of homelessness in this country. Much of my time is spent volunteering with policy groups and other organisations to rid the country of the problem with rough sleepers which, in 2017, should not be present in our streets.